Our Seven Point Guarantee
Exclusively at Memorial Funeral Homes and Cremation Service
1. We guarantee to respect your budget.
Sadly, some funeral homes follow a casual approach to providing funeral pricing over the phone. They will quote an attractive price
but when you come into the funeral home they inform you that there are a few extra fees which they forgot to mention.
Our unique arrangement process begins with you describing the life your loved one lived and the type of service you have in mind. Next, we will explore a wide variety of options that will help you stay within your budget.
Throughout our time together we will review the cost with you at each point in the arrangement process. We do this so that there is no surprise at the end and you can comfortably make good decisions for your family and your budget.
2. We guarantee that you will have 24-hour access to our team, 7 days a week.
Most businesses work a traditional 40-hour work week. Yet people pass away every day of the week and at all hours of the day and night. That is why it is so important for you to have 24-hour access to our team, 7 days a week.
Regardless of when you call our office, your call will be answered by trained personnel. Outside of our normal office hours calls are transferred to our personal residences and backed up by a local answering service.
If your loved one has passed, a member of our team will be immediately dispatched to bring them into our care. For local families, our goal is to have your loved one in our care within 30 to 60 minutes of your call. Sadly, some funeral homes do not understand the importance of responding quickly to this overwhelming event.
3. We guarantee you will be given the opportunity for a private goodbye with your loved one.
Saying goodbye to your loved one is never easy. Unfortunately, in today’s disposable culture, many people skip this step. The sad reality is that failing to say goodbye to someone you love leaves emotional wounds that may never heal.
Whenever possible your family will be given the opportunity for a private farewell. If no services are planned, a private farewell is typically 2 or 3 immediate family members. If a public visitation is planned the private farewell will be scheduled to precede the
public services and is open to the entire family.
4. We guarantee your service can be as traditional or innovative as you like.
Many families find significant comfort in a traditional funeral service complete with a public visitation, church or chapel funeral service, procession to the cemetery and a graveside ceremony. Memorial Funeral Homes has always, and will always, be ready to care for families wanting a traditional service.
We also pride ourselves as being the most flexible, creative and innovative funeral homes in the area. Our visitation rooms can be transformed to reflect and honor the story of a lifetime. The following are a few examples of innovative things we are doing with families:
• Designing and printing custom memorial tributes materials (photo collages, prayer cards, and bookmarks) using our professional printing partner.
• Creating beautiful video tributes made from family photos and videos as a part of a ceremony or visitation. DVD copies are available as keepsakes.
• Engraving personal keepsakes for the family.
• Partnering with the waterfront community to host memorial services on local boats, at the yacht club, or at the park or the beach.
• Transforming our visitation rooms to reflect the life of your loved ones: a woodshop for a boat builder, a tool shop for a mechanic, or a trophy room for an athlete.
When it comes to creative services our guideline is simple… as long as the idea is safe, legal, and ethical we will do everything possible to accommodate your request.
5. We guarantee that we will provide veterans with a premium level of service at no additional cost.
We take great pride in being the veteran memorial experts in our area. It is an honor to serve those from all branches of the U.S. military and we do not take this responsibility lightly.
The following is a list of the special ways we are able to recognize honorably discharged veterans:
• Branch of Service Insignia on the hearse or escort vehicle
• Veteran’s specialty prayer card and laminated obituary
• Personalized overlay or head panel with branch of service
• Veteran’s memorial video
• Coordination of military honors by the Rhode Island Funeral Honors Program and the Veteran’s Branch of service
• Flag for casket or urn
• Wood flag case
• Application for cemetery marker if applicable
• Our staff is specially trained to assist the veteran’s family with all benefits due them after the death of a veteran
We guarantee that no other funeral home honors veterans the way we do at Memorial Funeral Homes.
6. We guarantee that you will be given the opportunity for a spiritually significant ceremony.
Each family who walks through our doors is unique and find comfort in different types of gatherings. Whether you have a strong connection to a local place of worship, a historical relationship with a particular faith, or have found your own path to spirituality, we strive to help you create an appropriate tribute.
Some families turn to their own priest or minister for a traditional ritual to honor the life and passage. However, for families without ties to a place of worship the responsibility often falls upon one of the family members to fill this important role.
The families we serve also have the option to meet with one of our Funeral Celebrants. A Funeral Celebrant has the ability to weave together a service worthy of the end of a life. They are able to guide families in the midst of grief and blend personalities, passions and interests into an eloquent ceremony. They bring sensitivity and skills to personalized tributes.
7. We guarantee you will value the experience.
The cost of a funeral service is often important. But the real priority is the value you receive for the money you spend. Whether you spend $4,000 or $14,000, if the experience does not meet the emotional, spiritual and practical needs of your family… you have spent too much.
At Memorial Funeral Homes, we pride ourselves on delivering more value than any other funeral service provider in the area.
Value comes from…
– our expert guidance as you navigate a difficult time.
– our ability to create a unique and beautiful funeral experience your family and friends will cherish.
– our willingness to handle all the details so you can relax and experience the love and support of family and friends.
– our talented team members who always treat everyone with compassion and care.
– our selection of only the highest quality products in all price ranges.
Should there ever be a portion of our services that does not meet your expectations simply notify us right away and we will do whatever it takes to correct the shortcoming. If we are unable to do so, that portion of our service fee will be promptly refunded.